As fall approaches I hear the sound of rain beating against my window, a grim contrast to the recent months of summer. No I am not a rain hater, I actually love the smell and sounds of a good old thunderstorm. But rain marks the impending arrival of winter, and I can’t help but be filled with melancholy as it marks the end of an era. I’ve decided to try to cheer myself up by writing a post about all the fun things to do on a rainy day, so let’s get started!
1. Read a book – I always find this a really calming thing to do, because to me there is no better atmosphere to read a book then on a rainy day. Whenever I don’t know what to read, or am on a “book hangover”, I always go back to my Harry Potter books, it’s such a great series.
2. Have a spa day – This is another relaxing thing to do, and you’ll feel great after some pampering. Whenever I want to reward or calm myself I always put on a face mask and paint my nails.
3. Do some writing – Rainy days are also really inspiring, so write in a journal, think of some poems, or even blog.
4. Listen to music – I love just sitting down and listening to the sounds of rain and music combine to create a really beautiful sound.
5. Get crafty – Rainy days are the perfect excuse to just craft and do DIYs all day. It’s a really great indoor activity.
6. Watch a movie – Movies are just really nice to snuggle up to, so make some popcorn and hot coco and call it a date.
7. Bake something delicious – I always say I’m going to bake, but I never get around to it. Not even the prospect of eating my creation gets me baking, so rainy days are the perfect occasion.
8. Be productive – You could also take this time indoors to get things done. I mean, it’s a good idea. If you really want to.
9. Go out in the rain – Rainy day’s don’t have to trap you indoors. Take advantage of the weather and go on a nice walk, or even dance (and sing) in the rain.
Have a great day!